This quick warm pasta salad was my saviour last night and there was hearty warm food on the table fast!
We are but a few days away from the official launch of the allotments. The pigs arrived last weekend. They are generating an awful lot of interest amongst the other plot holders. There have been more than a few requests to join the syndicate at this late stage but it is closed until the next time.
Between organising bits and pieces for the big launch and the “pig release” (I still chuckle inwardly everytime I say that phrase), the house, working on the book, and a number of other community projects that are bubbling along in the background the stress levels are high. This may not be helped by the 18 month old putting on a growth spurt and waking for comfort feeds again in the middle of the night. We all know that sleep is vital for sanity! Perhaps I shouldn’t be in the process of painting the kitchen either. Ah well, I’m a glutton for punishment.
Yesterday my Aunt took the boys so I could escape for a few hours which was very much appreciated. Still when I got home I had half a cold roast chicken from Monday night and a hungry family. The hungrier they are, the more cranky they become. That my friends is a proven fact in this house!
I know you’re probably thinking the blogpost looks a little different from the norm. That’s because after some feedback from my readers, I’ve made my recipes print friendly. I’m hoping that it will make life a little easier for you and if you have any trouble please just let me know in the comments below, via Facebook or Twitter. Also thanks Ken from AnyGivenFood for recommending the plugin.
- 100g farfallini pasta or similar size
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cucumber, deseeded and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 scallions/spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salad dressing of your choice
- Bring a large kettle of water, once boiled fill a large pot with the boiling water and simmer. Pour in the pasta and bring to the boil. This only takes 4 minutes so set a timer as it's very quick. Prepare all your vegetables by chopping or shredding and put them in a large bowl if you haven't done so already. Spoon the salad dressing on top.
- After 4 minutes, strain the water from the pasta and add the hot, cooked pasta to the large bowl containing your vegetables. Using 2 large spoons, stir the pasta in with the vegetables and salad dressing until everything is coated.
- Serve immediately or wait until it has cooled before eating as a cold salad.