There are days when the blog becomes an outlet for my ire and annoyance at the daily drudge that living on a tight budget brings. Then there are days when the grey stuff clears away and I get moments of clarity where I can be grateful despite/in spite of having a rough time.
Anyway I thought I’d write down what I’m grateful for today. My friend “Looking For Blue Sky” regularly participates in a blog link called “reasons to be cheerful” and I love reading her posts.
- Mad, funny children who make the sun shine even on the cloudy days.
- The craziness of a 13-year-old. It sometimes doesn’t make me grateful but then there are the times when she points out the “Olympic cars” and it makes me laugh out loud. Audi, apparently, make Olympic cars in case you were wondering.
- Learning how to grow our own food and being part of such a brilliant community who love to grow together.
- Having amazing family, friends and neighbours who support me through the hard times and celebrate the good ones too.
- A wonderful bunch of blogging pals, who guarantee me a laugh at least once a day, and a shoulder to cry on when I need it. I know that if we ever get in a room together all at once it will be legendary.
- My pint mug, which delivers a lot of tea at optimal temperature when it is needed most. This should not be underestimated.
- The toddler sleeping through the night. Enough said. I think he finally has the hang of it. I have of course probably jinxed myself by mentioning it.
- My back support cushion and a comfy bed.
- Embracing the lunacy, chasing the boys around, tickling them and giggling laughing because I can.
There you go, it’s important to count my blessings. Maybe it’s a little bit of the Pollyanna in me.
Things will get better and we will move on from here. I have no doubt.
Happy Saturday everyone. x