Some days amazing things happen. Like getting a phone call asking me to demonstrate healthy recipes as part of the Navan #MyHealthyTown initiative. I had to pinch myself!
This was one of the most popular dishes I demonstrated in Navan for Morphy Richards last weekend. Everytime I heated the pan, it was like an advertisement for certain gravy granules and attracted a crowd. It seriously only takes about 7 minutes to put together. Thanks to popular request I’m sharing the recipe on the blog so it’s easy to find. I also shared it on my Instagram yesterday if you’re interested.
[recipe title=”Courgetti With Pesto” servings=”2″ time=”7 minutes” difficulty=”easy”]
- 50g pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 spiralized courgette
- 1 tablespoon green pesto (use vegan pesto if you want the recipe to be vegan)
- Heat a clean, dry frying pan to a medium heat. Pour in the pine nuts and move them around with a spatula until they turn golden brown. Decant the pine nuts into a dish.
- Pour the olive oil into the pan and allow to heat a little before adding the garlic.
- Once the garlic aroma begins to fill the air, add the tomatoes (be careful they will spit a little). Move around in the pan until the tomatoes begin to turn squishy.
- Pour the spiralized courgette into the frying pan and toss in the warm olive oil with the tomatoes. All you want to do here is heat it through, don’t allow it to cook for too long as otherwise it will lose texture. It takes about 2 minutes to heat the courgette through.
- Turn off the heat and add the tablespoon of pesto to the vegetables, stir so that they are well coated with the pesto.
- Finally, sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and serve.[/recipe]
To say Saturday was epic would be an understatement. Thank you so much to everybody who came along, tried my recipes, and chatted about healthy living!