The beauty of this simple chicken traybake is that once it’s assembled you just bake it in the oven and wait while the delicious smells fill the house.[recipe title=”Simple Chicken Traybake” servings=”4-6″ time=”1 hour 15 minutes” difficulty=”easy”]
- 150g chopped fresh butternut squash
- 1 brown onion, sliced into chunks
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 250g cherry tomatoes, washed
- 1kg baby potatoes, washed
- 1kg fresh chicken drumsticks (don’t wash your chicken!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each of paprika (sweet), salt, pepper, and dried or fresh thyme
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius (Fan oven 180 degrees).
Score the tops of the baby potatoes lengthways but don’t cut them the whole way through.
Put the squash, onion, carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, and drumsticks into a large roasting tin. Pour over the oil and seasonings. Mix around all the ingredients so that everything is coated in the mixture. Turn the potatoes so that the sliced side faces upwards.
Put the roasting tin into the oven once it has reached temperature and roast for 1 hour.
Serve straight from the oven and spoon the juices from the roasting pan over the top of the food for gravy. I like to add a little bit of fresh rocket on top before eating but that’s purely optional.[/recipe]
Disclosure: This recipe was originally developed for Tesco Ireland in May 2016 for use in their online and print communications.