I’ll keep it short today! These egg tarts are great for lunchboxes. You can make them ahead and they will keep in a lined box in the fridge for up to 2 days. They also reheat very well too. I just lash whatever squishy veg/leftover meat I have in the fridge into the tarts. Don’t complicate things, make life easy on yourself.
Note you’ll also need about 200g of rice or baking beans for this recipe but they aren’t eaten and can be used again on another occasion.
Egg Tarts (serves 6 hungry adults – more kids)
- 1 roll of chilled puff pastry
- 1 small onion
- Handful of squishy cherry tomatoes
- 3 eggs
- 50ml full fat milk (or 75ml natural yoghurt)
- Leftover meat (if you have it)
- 50g of parmesan, grated (or any other hard cheese you may have)